The Return of Creation Care Blogging

Since my last writing about creation care and environmentally friendly practices, we had a wedding. As always in such cases, the number of people in my household doubled and the amount of stuff quadrupled. There are whole rooms lost to boxes and excess furniture at the moment. 

However, with the two of us trying to be eco-friendly, we may be making better strides forward. (The last year of pandemic living helped too.) 

We have continued as much as we can (again: pandemic, wedding...). Some of the things have gotten better. Finally being married means my new husband (!) drives less. I can pack his lunch in mostly reusable packing each day. 

We are working on other areas of life. 

We have dreams of sustainably living in the future in ways that go beyond where we are now: Coffee, razors, cars, capsule wardrobes, kitchen changes, bicycles (though this has less to do with eco-friendly practices and more to do with my husband's obsession with bicycles) being eco-friendly with our potential future children, etc. 

I am going to post regularly again about creation care. Some of the topics will be updates from last year, how things have progressed, what we have learned/grown/changed. Some of them are new, expansions and new learning.

Some are simply about learning a new lifestyle. ("Reduce, reuse, recycle", the three R's, have friends!)

Last year I started with laundry and changes in doing my laundry. I haven't changed that I use a drying rack and the hanging line in my laundry room. In fact, I have started to use them more! When I have bought clothing in the last year, I have tried to make sure it doesn't require machine drying or that will be good with hang drying. Some clothing is just a mess without machine drying and I have been staying away from that. I have replaced destroyed clothing with more wool, linen, and other natural based fabrics. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith