Keep On Pouring God!

O God, you have prepared for those who love you such good things as surpass our understanding: Pour into our hearts such love towards you, that we, loving you in all things and above all things, may obtain your promises, which exceed all that we can desire; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen. (Sixth Sunday of Easter BCP 225)


"Pour into our hearts such love towards you..." Keep on pouring God! Oh wait, our hearts are already full! If you pour it will simply overflow and we won't be able to hold that. We need to empty our hearts of all the other stuff we put in them so that God can pour love into them, and then we can share that love with others. 


I definitely feel like my heart has gotten way too full this last year. I am slowly trying to process everything that has happened and what it means for me. As I do so, I am able to empty out a little bit of my heart, and I hope God will pour more love in there instead. The love which God pours into our hearts is not just God's love for us, which we very much need, but also God's love towards others, which helps us be in relationship with others. 


Despite my fullness, I continue to pray, "keep on pouring God!" because hopefully I'll be able to hold God's love. Every time I catch a little more of God's love, I can share a bit more of God's love too. This world so desperately needs God's love. I pray we can all hold out our hearts to be filled with God's love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith