Land

For the first time in my life

I have been given land to care for. 

Its not a big backyard, and I think at one point in the last fifty years it was a playground.

Indeed, I think it has been many things in its lifetime. 

Before Europeans arrived, this land belonged to the Lenni-Lenape. 

Over the years as Morristown grew, someone built a house on this land, which at some point was bought by St. Peter's. 

I hope as I live here, I will be able to fill in this sparse history with more details, as I fill in this yard with love and plants. 

Right now, with the current freeze, it is hibernating.

Waiting to come alive again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith