Wool Challenge

As a child, I wanted to do what Steve Jobs did: have one outfit I could wear everyday and have it work for everything. I have never liked shopping or thinking much about fashion. I have tried, in the last decade and a half, I have tried. But I still mostly get hand-me-downs, buy from thrift stores, etc. As long as it is comfortable and functional (and these days in black), I'm good. 

So, earlier this year, I thought about the Wool& 100 day challenge. I bought a Wool& dress and I was amazed by it. I bought a second one, and I thought, I could live the rest of my life in this dress. If you don't know what the 100 Day Wool& Challenge is, you can read about it here.

I am going to do it, but taken up a notch. A 121 day challenge! (Sept-Dec, 4 months) I am going to do both the 100 Wool& Challenge, which means I need to wear the same Wool& dress everyday for at least 8 hours. I am going to work that into my own 121 day challenge of only wearing wool clothing, except for some specific sports/clergy clothing. (I haven't found a women's padded cycling short in wool yet. Chlorine is terrible for wool swimming suits. I can't wait to buy a wool clergy shirt!)

Since I am going to be packing during this time, I thought, in order to not tempt myself into wearing something else, I am going to pack up all my other clothing and only leave out my wool options (and yes, the sports/clergy clothing.) 

So for the next four months:

wool

wool

wool

wool.

You might notice a difference, or you might not. If you wonder more about why I chose wool based clothing, see my post here.

I will say, from my time wearing merino wool items already, the Wool& merino wool mix fabric is more comfortable for me than the Smartwool merino wool mix fabric they use for their leggings and tops. The Smartwool underwear and bras seem to be a different mixture and are very comfortable. The leggings and tops are a little scratchier, more as you expect wool to be. Either way, I am very happy with the purchases I have made thus far. I will be posting daily photos for this challenge if you'd like to follow along. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith