The Whisper of God


I've heard many whispers in my life that I have been grateful to have followed. The first was the whisper when I was a child about belonging at the church altar. Since then most of the whispers have followed in that vein, I enter a space or meet a person and hear/feel, I belong here, not knowing what that will mean, but knowing I need to listen to that whisper. Every time I have followed that whisper of God I have had an amazing adventure. 

Kid President came out when I was in seminary. @KidPresident was one of the first Twitter accounts I ever followed. Before Twitter, I watched the videos on YouTube and I was immensely grateful for the creativity, gratitude, and wisdom of the series. Last year, towards the beginning of the pandemic, I found out about the book that the creative mind behind Kid President wrote, Becoming Better Grownups by Brad Montague. I immediately bought and read the delightful and thought provoking book. I even drew out an emotion map for my (at the time) fiancĂ© and I to talk about our journeys at that point. It was so helpful for our communication and processing at the beginning of the pandemic. It was also a coloring and poetic naming project which was so what I needed at the time. 

Karen Walrond is a member of the congregation I served in Houston Texas in my first priest position. She was always awesome to serve with and I greatly enjoy following her social media and reading her book, The Beauty of Different. I can't wait to read about her conversation with Brad Montague in her upcoming book, The Lightmaker's Manifesto. You can find out more about her book here: www.thelightmakersmanifesto.com @BradMontague @thebradmontague #lightmakerbook #keepmakinglight 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith