Real Radiance



'I saw a woman in the mirror in the lobby out of the corner of my eye and I registered her as a friend.
It was only when I stopped to wave did I realize I was seeing myself.'

I don't know where I heard this story, 
but as someone who has struggled with self-love,
it was a very attractive story.
Could I have ever accidentally mistake myself for a friend?
I hoped it could be true. 

I spent years working on rebuilding my self love.
Part of that was reclaiming how I looked, the clothes I wore, the way I did my hair,
the feel of my body. 


 Do I have a great sense of fashion now? 
No.
Am I happier about what I wear and why and how I look? 
Yes. 
Am I always happy with those things? 
No. 
But I agree with Karen Williams. 
We all look our best when we are excited and passionate about what we are doing. 
When the inner joy shines forth so brightly that nothing else matters. 
That is radiance.
#RadiantRebellion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith