The Radiant Rebellion

 



Girls are taught far too young to have problems with their age.

Facial creams, hiding from the sun, not acknowledging our age, these practices deny the truth and our full lived experience. 

(Okay, no one should spend too much time in the sun anyway)

I'm in my mid-thirties and people are starting to comment on my new streaks of grey hair as if it was a problem. I'm also going to be considered a young person in the church for another ten years... Too young to lead or have a wise voice, so my relationship to ageism is complex. Grey hair is not the problem. Our cultural refusal to come to terms with the privilege of aging is a problem.  For someone who considered committing suicide earlier in my life, all my laugh lines, frown lines, and grey hairs are trophies. Trophies of days I didn't want live, but kept living. Joys and sorrows weathered. 

I can't wait to read Karen Walrond's new book, Radiant Rebellion. I don't know what is in it, yet! I do know Karen will remind us that the real measure of a life has nothing to do with age. The real measure of a life is experience and love.  

#jointheradiantrebellion Go to www.chookooloonks.com/radiant-rebellion-1 to read more about the Radiant Rebellion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith