50 Acts of Green: Day Eight - Toilet Paper!

Certainly at this point during the Pandemic, one cannot fail to bring up toilet paper! Toilet paper is a staple of American life and as the run on toilet paper shows, something lots of people have intense feelings about. I have never been that serious about toilet paper, though I tend to like three-ply better than one or two. I also am a firm believer in recycled toilet paper and tissues. We don't need to be using virgin paper to take care of our waste. Again, as with many things, I don't like extra lotions or chemicals in the products I use, even something as quickly used as a tissue or toilet paper.

If you really do your research, you know that toilet paper is not the most environmentally friendly option out there for taking care of cleaning up after toilet waste. A bidet, a toilet-like invention which also squirts water to clean up, uses 37 times less water than it takes to make one roll of toilet paper. If Americans were really interested in being environmentally friendly, we would bypass the low flow toilets for a low flow bidet. As someone who has traveled to Europe, I have used a bidet and while the first couple of times were surprising and confusing, they do have their benefits.

I'll show you my stash, if you show me yours...
My recycled paper toilet paper (Who Gives a Crap) stash. 
(Yes, some of them are in Christmas themed wrapping paper. All fully compostable.)

My recycled paper tissue stash (Tree Free - which is also a woman owned business!) And fully compostable!

Two small acts of green, precious resources saved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith