Happy Earth Day!

I biked my errands today in honor of Earth Day. I dug around in the dirt in my garden and planted some potatoes. I spent time connecting with the sun and the wind and the earthworms. 

In college I was one of the few people who had plants in my dorm room, and when others who had plants had neglected theirs, they would bring them to me and ask for help or simply give them to me. Throughout my student years, going into seminary too, I received a bunch of plants, and pet fish, and even two pet mice. 

It seems to me that we know we need to be in connection with plants and animals, we are just not doing a great job of making it a priority or passing that knowledge along. I've learned from my mother and random books and people I've asked, but without everyone learning how to be in better connection, we are going to lose the relationship. 

I know environmental science is not everyone's cup of tea. But we all need to know more about our own relationship to our environment. Knowing how it impacts us and how we impact it is important for all our futures. 

So go learn something about our earth! 🌍 🌎

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith