Starting My Good News Garden

I started working in my backyard at the beginning of April and already have suffered a couple of weeks of poison ivy rash. I pulled out half of the ivy that was in the backyard, but now I am reluctant to pull out the rest of the ivy. I have started planting some things in my new (very messed up) greenhouse. 
The greenhouse was a saga I am not proud of. It is working, but I didn't put the plastics on very well and so I have lots of leaks and I'm going to have to figure it out at some point. Part of the problem is that it has a flat roof, which is not great for rain. 
But I now have lettuce and kale and spearmint growing in my greenhouse. I am starting tomato, carrot, cucumber, and pumpkin seeds in my dining room. I am hoping to plant them in the yard in May. The yard seems to have pretty good soil. I have plenty of worm casings in the morning. Roses, ivy, trees, lemon thyme, and other things (dandelions) are growing well. 
Good News Gardens is an initiative of the Episcopal Church to plant, pray, and proclaim! It is a creation care initiative to help people connect with the land and literally and figuratively feed people in heart, mind, and body. You can learn more about Good News Gardens on their website. 
https://www.episcopalchurch.org/good-news-gardens/




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith