50 Acts of Green: Day Five - Cloth Napkins

Cloth Napkins

After four days of talking about how to do laundry, I am going to move onto the content of my laundry. The content of my laundry has changed over the years. Not only because I wear a lot more professional type clothing than I did in college, but also because I have changed what and how I buy what goes into my laundry.

For home uses, cloth napkins are much more environmentally friendly, especially when you've already put into use the last four days of environmentally laundry techniques. Cloth napkins are reusable, they can be washed in cold water with environmentally friendly soap and line dried. Depending on the size of your family, you can buy enough to last a week and do one load of them a week. Granted, paper napkins are more environmentally friendly to create, however, paper napkins are thrown out and build up landfills with single use paper with lots of chemicals in them.

Even better, cloth napkins at home can be personalized. Of course, you can buy regular cotton or linen napkins, with linen being the more environmentally friendly material, or you can make them yourself with other fabric scraps you have leftover. I have been given a large number of bandannas over the course of the last ten years which have become my cloth napkins.



One small act of green, one healthy way to care for creation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith