50 Acts of Green: Day Seven - Makeup removers

Today is the last day of my week of environmentally friendly laundry changes and a transition into environmentally bathroom changes. The particular item I am talking about today bridges the gap between these two areas of life. Makeup comes in my life under the area of bathroom reform, but my new solution is part of my laundry content as well.

Anyone who has known me for a long time knows I came to the makeup game late in life. I didn't start wearing makeup on a regular basis until I was twenty five, and even now in my early thirties, the only regular makeup I wear is mascara. However, when I did start wearing makeup, I recognized that I needed a good way to remove it from my face. Having brown black gunk smeared all over my face and pillow case in the morning was not a pretty sight. I didn't want to ruin all of my washcloths so, at first, like most, I bought the pre-moistened towelettes sold as makeup remover. The towelettes work well, but they are disposable, creating lots of single use garbage and many of them have chemicals in them that are not the best for my face and skin, or the environment.

Thanks to my fiance's sister, I was introduced to a washable, reusable, cloth makeup remover which works quite well. It survives my cold water washes and line drying perfectly, staying fluffy and soft against my skin and not using any harsh chemicals. There are many brands of makeup cloth removers, I happen to have a Makeup Eraser. Some are more expensive than others, and this is not a product line I have tried out a lot of. Once I was given one and realized what a difference this made to my environmental impact in terms of single use disposables, I haven't tried out anything else. I am not in a position to need more than one!

One small act of green, a whole lot less garbage!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith