50 Acts of Green: Day Twenty One - Reusable Bags

If you are connected to me on social media, you know that yesterday I posted about the top five things I hate about the Coronavirus Pandemic situation right now. Of the top five things, two of them were plastic grocery bags. I despise plastic grocery bags. They don't open, they tear easily, they are single use plastic which is hard to recycle. They get set lose in the world and fly around. They clog up drains and trees and look and sound terrible. They cling to you when you don't want them to. They smell like cheap plastic. I will say it over and over again. I despise plastic grocery bags.

I have a wonderful set of reusable bags that I love to use. Reusable bags I have gotten from events, companies I like, and to round out my collection, I also have reusable mesh produce bags. They are great. They cut down on plastic use. They are washable. They are easy to use and they don't fall apart every time you use them. Sadly, they are also not being welcomed in grocery stores right now because of hygiene protocols. Thankfully, with a lot of the changes I have made in my life in the last couple of years, I don't have to go to the grocery store all that often.

I hope and pray and look forward to the day when stores again move towards getting rid of plastic bags. I was grateful more and more stores were moving away from them earlier this year. I will rejoice in my grocery shopping again when plastic bags are taboo. When you are able, I highly recommend finding a pattern which works for you to remember and use (and reuse) your reusable bags. Let's rid the world of plastic bags!

One small act of green, one giant act to reduce plastic waste!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutritional Wellness

Book Review: Radiant Rebellion: Reclaim Aging, Practice Joy, And Raise A Little Hell, by Karen Walrond

The Question of Faith